The Delphos Canal Commission is a non-profit organization whose purpose is the acquisition and preservation of articles relevant to the history of the Miami and Erie Canal and to the history of the City of Delphos, Ohio, and surrounding townships and villages. Towards the end, the Delphos Canal Commission Museum shall maintain standards of operation for both archival and three – dimensional objects which are useful to the understanding of the heritage of Delphos, Ohio, and its environments. The Canal Commission has an archival collection the from the entire historic period of the region, from an 1863 note to letters home home from the Ohio 116th to hundreds of manuscript pages once used by the Paul Whiteman Band. We have an 1846 log house reconstructed in our museum. There are canal related artifacts from tiny bottles filled with abandoned medicines to the parts of the “Marguerite” that had been pulled from the Miami and Erie Canal in 1989 by 57 Delphos youngsters. Our purpose it to preserve, restore, and recreate the history of Miami and Erie Canal and the history of the city of Delphos. The Delphos Canal Commission is proud of its strong alliance with the commercial district and its growing status as one of the regions most knowledgeable and progressive historic agencies.